Monday, June 9, 2008

Thanks

As most of you know--I have never lived alone and I am not especially good at it. With Jay in China for 10 days and the kids in Indiana for 8 days--I was definately alone. Luckily I have some really great friends and family that took good care of me and watched out for me and a nice Louisville slugger to sleep with.

So thank you-

To Hank for all your watchdog duties-it helped me sleep at night.
To Sarah for all the walks and dinner at KC's
To Mom and Caroyln for dinner and everything
To Randall for calling at just the right time
To Emily for girl's night
To Kelly for encouragement (yes I realize that I should enjoy the quiteness)
To Amy, Lillian and Mabel for the walk
To Robert and Lisa for introducing me to skype allowing me to talk to Jay daily
To Dottie, Claude and the kids for knowing it is hard to let go and calling every night
To everyone else who called or sent an email and understood that it is hard even at my age-but as Edye's friend at the spend the said--I did it! (Not that I want to do it again any time soon)

Soon I head to the airport to pick up Jay. Edye is home with me and Tony stopped in for about 12 hours before heading to camp (.5 miles away but he might as well be in Texas)!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Just because John is back doesn't mean the walks have to stop you know;)