Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shout Out To My Village

Hillary's right it does take a village to raise a child!

Last May Jay took a group of students from Delta State University and University of Michigan to Biloxi for research and mom went to Memphis for chemo. I had Edye and Tony on my own for a week. I realized how it really takes all three of us to raise my kids when I was on my own. I had to seek out other members of the village to get people where they needed to be-granted it might be easier if the kids were closer in age and had the same place to go!

I began to think about how over the years it has taken a number of family and friends to raise these kids. I want to shout out a thanks to them all.

Robert, Randall, Valerie, Peyton, Whitney, Stacey, Renee, Lisa, Tracy and Zach, Bryce and Jenny, David and Kendra, Donna, Sarah, Emily, Shari, Paul, Amy and Mark, Mom, Dad & Dixie, Beth, Brandy anyone who ever watched my kids or shuttled my kids out of love, family, friendship, carpool or coop-babysitting.

A special thanks to Tony while we have tried hard not to make him Edye's third parent (only one diaper change) since he's 9 years older. We recognize and thank him for the loving attention he gives to his sister, for walking her home from camp, for watching her when mom and dad are out walking, for knowing she is safe with you when we are at the honors banquet or some other DSU function. I don't have to worry when Edye's with him-what will we do when he moves out? Mom how is your schedule?

I am sure there are safe babysitters out there but no one compares to family and friends!

Thanks village!

No comments: