Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Lake





Last Saturday we went to a friends lake house to say goodbye to Sarah as she heads to Chicago for a new adventure. In spite of the sadness of the occasion we had a great time!

Edye had never been in a lake before and while I wasn't real keen on getting in, I figured that wasn't really a good enough reason to deprive her of the experience. So in we went. She loved it, used her new swimming skills (in addition to the life vest) and was actually quite difficult to keep up with. She even jumped in from the deck at one point-saying it was great, but she did not think she'd do it again!

Evenually all the Greens were in the water and a good time was had by all. Someone brought a kayak and Edye and I took a spin around the lake together and then Tony and I went out together, but soon decided it might work better if Tony tried it solo. Jay also went out in the kayak and now all the Greens are seriously considering getting one of our own! Would have soooo easy with the wagon with the rack on top-I miss that car!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds you all had a great time. I wish we could have been there. Cathy is a great lady and a great host.