Wednesday, July 16, 2008

MaMa vs. Mosquito! Skills You Learn in the Delta


At 3:23am this morning I was awakened by a gentle tapping on my arm.
Edye: "Mama, there is a mosquito in my room."

Me: "Let's go see about it"

So half asleep, bleary eyed and without my glasses I follow her to her room.

Me looking around: "Where did you last see it?" At this point I am thinking there is no way I am going to find this tiny mosquito after it has run off to hide-especially half asleep and without my glasses!
Edye: "In my bed, bugging me."

Me: "Why don't you climb back in bed and I'll "(stalling to come up with plan to convince her to sleep in her bed with said mosquito in room)

Then all of a sudden wham! bang! slam! I got 'em just above the bed!

Edye "Thanks mama, I can sleep now!"

Off I went stubble (still not awake) to wash my hands of the bug in question and rest my head until 6:30am feeling like a hero--at least to Edye!






1 comment:

Sarah said...

Getting the mosquitoes is the best feeling! I killed 4 in my car on the drive up and wanted to celebrate when I finally got the last one.