Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tired!

The slumber party actually turned out well. Pizza was made, eaten and loved! They all enjoyed the movie I netflixed-Alvin and the Chipmunks-even the two who saw it at school that day. I will forever be amazed that my children watch non-educational movies at school! But that is another story and shall be told at another time.

I got the girls to bed by 10pm which was only an hour later than I'd planned. Had I then actually gone to sleep things might have been really rosy! However--I was waiting for the husband to call and the teenager to get home and reading a good book. Husband called--still no teenager--it was graduation night here and with friends graduating and parties to attend he showed up at 12:30am--don't worry he called earlier to check in--so he comes in and we talk about graduation, the party etc-forget sleep-I love that at sixteen my kid really talks to me about his life! I finally turned out the lights 1:30am--2:00am somebody wanted their mommy-easily taken care of and this morning she was so proud of herself she came into my room and shouted "I did it, I love sleepovers!" However my child instigated the --wake everyone up at 6:45am thing--amazingly the teenager sleep through all-although he locked his door-which turned out to be a good idea as "scare big brother and jump on big brother to wake him up" were on the list of activities his sister created.

Anyway here I am tired, waiting for the teenager to get home (he's on a date!) and the husband to call...wait I think I've been here before...BUT the important thing is tomorrow is Sunday
and life returns to normal or as normal as it gets in this household!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Come on girlfriend! Ten days and countin'. Give me another blog entry!